Ginger provides on-demand access to behavioral health counseling, therapy, and psychiatry services through its mobile app. The company aims to make mental health support accessible, affordable and convenient for individuals, employers and health plans. They offer various programs and resources to help people struggling with anxiety, depression, stress, and other mental health conditions. They will typically attract professionals already working in the behavioral and mental health fields who are looking for career boosts or changes. Their mission is to “reinvent mental health care.”
Benefits and Advantages in Ginger
At Ginger, you would have the opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to improving people’s mental health and well-being. Ginger is a fast growing company, which means there are opportunities for career development and development. The company also invests in its employees through training and education programs. Ginger offers competitive salaries and benefits packages, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Ginger’s work culture is collaborative and supportive, with a focus on teamwork and communication. She would be working with a team of passionate professionals who are dedicated to making a positive impact in the mental health field. Ginger offers flexible work arrangements, including remote work options, which can be especially beneficial for those who need to balance work and personal responsibilities.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Depending on the role, there are a few things to keep in mind when considering a career at Ginger:
- Education and experience: Some positions may require a graduate degree in a related field, such as psychology, social work, counseling, or psychiatry, while other roles will lean more toward other relevant experience in the mental health field through work experience. previous, internships or volunteer work.
- Licensing and Certification: Depending on the position, licensing and certification requirements may vary. For example, a licensed therapist, counselor, or technician may be required to have a certain degree, valid state license, or certification, while a coaching role may require prior work or training experience with a coaching certificate.
- Technical Skills: Many positions at mental health companies like Ginger may require technical skills, such as proficiency with electronic health record (EHR) systems, teletherapy platforms, or other software applications.
- Soft Skills: As with many businesses in the mental and behavioral health field, there is a high level of communication skills, empathy, active listening and the ability to build rapport with clients that will be needed within many of the roles in ginger
- Personal Qualities: Candidates applying should consider whether they possess the kind of compassion, patience, flexibility, and a strong sense of ethics and professionalism that are important personal qualities within a behavioral and mental health setting.
Additionally, some of the basic technical requirements that will support a position at Ginger could include:
- Computer or Laptop: Employees will need a computer or laptop with a reliable Internet connection to access the company’s communication and collaboration systems and tools.
- Webcam and Microphone – If the employee’s role requires virtual meetings or teletherapy sessions, you may need a webcam and microphone for clear communication and engagement.
- Headset – A headset with a microphone can help employees minimize background noise and ensure clear communication during teletherapy sessions or virtual meetings.
- Mobile Device – If the employee’s role requires the use of the Ginger app, they may need a mobile device that is compatible with the app.
Here are some current open positions you might consider:
Online Behavioral Health Coach
Bilingual Behavioral Health Trainer (French/English)
Pay and Salary
According to Glassdoor, the average base salary for a therapist at Ginger Mental Health ranges from $72,000 to $90,000 per year.
behavioral health coaches can earn an average salary of $52,000 to $60,000 per year, while psychiatrists can earn an average salary of $250 to $300 per hour.
The hourly wage for health coaches in the United States is approximately $18 per hour. The salary will ultimately depend on the level of experience, education and qualifications.
Ginger’s Talent Acquisition team will contact you directly from an @ginger.com or @ginger.io email address to guide you through the process after completing your online application. Part of this assessment process includes a series of interviews, all of which are conducted via phone or video calls.
To explore Ginger’s other careers, you can visit her career page.