Selling feet pictures online might sound like a strange idea initially, but it can be quite a profitable side hustle. Ever since the concept started trending on TikTok, people have been wondering how they can get a slice of the pie. So while you may have heard that you can make money selling foot images, your next question may be: how?
It’s easy to take pictures of your feet. The key is learning where to upload them, how to take compelling photos, and finding clients to sell your photos to. This guide will cover everything you need to know, and then some!
Choose a platform to use
There are many platforms that you can use to sell feet photos. It all depends on your comfort level, time commitment, and the type of photos you’d like to sell. Here are a few you can check out.
1. Stock Photo Sites
Lots of people need to use foot photos for marketing – the business isn’t just for clients with a foot fetish. Instead, think about businesses like jewelry stores, nail salons, massage therapists, shoe companies, healthcare professionals, and more.
Essentially, you can work as a stand-up model! You can find great stock photo websites to sign up for in this article on how to make money selling photos.
2. Foot Finder
One of the most popular websites for selling foot photos, foot finder has a very high reputation in the industry. This is because it is a website dedicated entirely to foot photography.
FeetFinder will automatically blur the photo you upload and provide a preview to those interested in purchasing it. To be a seller on FeetFinder, you have to pay a monthly fee of $3.99 and a 30% commission will also be taken on all your sales.
While this may take a cut of your profits, listing on the site makes selling as simple as possible. They automatically protect your security, take care of payment, are reputable, and can drive customers to your photos.
FYI, the popular feet stock photo website Instafeet recently merged with FeetFinder.
3. Only fans
OnlyFans has recently exploded in popularity for subscription-based services. It’s well known for endorsing sexy models, fitness influencers, and scantily clad celebrities, but you’re free to use the site any way you want. Many popular content creators use OnlyFans to offer their followers additional content.
Again, it’s free to join and a 20% fee will be charged on all transactions on the site.
4. Create your own website
You can even create your own website just to sell foot photos! Set up your own website using Wix, WordPress or Shopify It’s pretty simple. You can use the features of the website to set up an online store where customers can make purchases and you can receive payments securely and privately.
You can even set up a blog on your website and make posts that Google might select.
You can use Snapchat as a way to set up your own subscription service. After you find a client (more on that below), you can add them to your friends list on Snapchat. You can then send them photos directly or allow them to view the images you post to your story.
While Snapchat is free to use, it’s a bit more convenient. For example, you’ll need to actively add and remove people from your friends list and accept payment on your own through a secure method.
When you think of Etsy, you probably think of arts and crafts, but there are plenty of people selling foot photos on the platform. The nice thing about selling on Etsy is that it’s only $0.20 per listing, plus a small transaction fee when your photo is sold. Remember to incorporate the right keywords to attract more customers to your Etsy shop. This post has great tips for getting started on Etsy.
How to find clients
In order to sell your footer images, you’ll need to drive traffic to your website or desired platform. This is where you can find potential buyers to sell feet photos.
Social media platforms
One way to find customers is to set up a social media account. Twitter is very popular when you are starting out. You can make a tweet stating that you are selling feet photos and include some hashtags for people to find you. You can then sell directly via DM or send interested people to your website.
You can also use Instagram and TikTok to advertise. Videos are especially powerful ways to get people’s attention. For example, show a video of your feet walking in the sand at the beach.
Facebook groups are also another way to sell foot photos. Be sure to read the group rules and use a separate profile from your personal one when interacting with people. Avoid Facebook Marketplace, as it can be difficult to hide your location.
Sometimes certain social networking sites will have specific rules about what you can and cannot post. Do your best to follow the rules and keep your posts PG.
Another website that some people use is the whisper app. Technically a form of social networking; it is completely anonymous. The anonymity makes the app popular with people trying to keep their personal identities separate from their business of selling foot photos.
The application does not allow you to search for users or request email addresses. The only way to communicate with someone is by replying to their Whisper, an anonymous post in the main feed.
You can sell feet photos on Whisper by using the posts to drive people to your website or online store. Install it from the app store and take a look at the app first to get a general idea of how it works.
Traditionally used as a dating app, some people use Tinder to help find clients. Avoid using words like sale or platform sale as this may get you banned from the app.
Instead, upload photos of your feet, and people should get an idea of what you’re on the app for.
Tinder is free to use, but you may want to use the paid version to change your location and use features like Super Like and Super Boost.
Don’t forget your previous sales! Sign up for past clients by creating a subscription newsletter and ask them if they want more photos. It is much easier to sell to an existing fan base than to create a new one.
how to stand out
With foot sellers on the rise, you want to make sure your content stands out. Here are some tips:
- Get ideas. Explore stock websites and other platforms for inspiration when you’re just getting started.
- Take high-quality photos. Most phones are acceptable, but pay attention to lighting and background.
- take care of your feet. They’re your biggest asset, so you want to treat them right by using lotion, getting professional pedicures, keeping your nails neat, and more.
- use accessories. Change the look of your feet by using accessories like different nail polishes, high heels, toe rings, temporary tattoos, anklets, flowers, and even candles in the background.
- try different poses. Always try to take different poses and shots such as angles from the top and bottom of the feet, arch showing, toes, toes spread, with legs and more.
- Try different categories. Most websites will have specific niches that you can adapt to.
- Use editing apps. light room It’s great for retouching your photos. So be sure to use photos in the highest resolution.
Protect your identity
When you sell feet photos online, you want to take every precaution to protect your identity and privacy. Consider this list before you begin.
- use a pseudonym. Create a separate email account that uses that name to sign in to all of your social media accounts, payment platforms, and retail websites.
- Use a VPN whenever you are online and interacting with these platforms.
- Do not accept physical gifts or anything that reveals your address.
- Disable location services on your phone or camera before taking photos. Customers can find this information in the photo’s metadata after submitting the photo.
- Don’t accept overpayments. This is a common scam where the customer “accidentally” sends you more than they asked for and then asks you to issue a refund. When you pay, you may notice that your initial payment bounces or comes from a stolen credit card.
- Never divulge personal information such as your name, hobbies, location, etc. Keep your business identity completely separate from your personal identity.
- Set limits. Just do what you feel comfortable with. For example, someone may ask you to send socks and photos. You may want to decline if you don’t feel comfortable submitting those items.
Additional tips for success
Here are a few more things to consider before setting up your foot photography business!
- Ask for money in advance. You don’t want people getting free images from you, and most people are happy to pay first if they really intend to pay you.
- People pay more for videos.. Consider including this in your offers.
- Many people will have specific requests.. Charge more to include these requests as one of your offers.
- Watermark or blur photos want to sell by listing them.
- Use only secure payment methods like Venmo, PayPal, and Wise.
- Try a few different selling platforms when you first start See which is the best money maker before you focus on just one.
- Selling foot paintings is a business. like any other, which means that you will have to pay taxes on the money you earn from the sale of the images. And depending on your state’s requirements, you may also be responsible for collecting sales tax. Research these things before you jump in.
Final Thoughts on Selling Feet Photos
That covers all the basics for learning how to sell foot images online. Remember to listen to your gut feeling and only do what you are comfortable with. Always put your safety first, and then this can become a very lucrative side business for you to do in the comfort of your own home. After all, we are always looking for simple ways to earn extra money!
For more unusual and creative ways to make money, check out this list of ideas!