Do you have an interest in the travel industry or experience as a customer service representative? Do you have experience as a travel agent but now want to work from home? Well, this detailed company review will help you.
While searching for reliable work-at-home websites, I came across a company called Hotel Planner.
After doing some research on what they are and what they offer, I am happy to share that this review post will definitely be of interest to you.
So if you’re good at sales and marketing, working with Hotel Planner might be a side or primary job you’d like to consider.
What is hotel planner?
First of all, Hotel Planner is a website used by people all over the world to make hotel reservations.
This company has been successfully operating for over 19 years and continues to be one of the best websites for those who love to travel.
Hotel Planner specializes in booking tours for large and small groups. This can include sports teams, dream destination weddings, reunions, religious events, weekend getaways, tours, and also professional events or settings such as work conferences.
How to qualify for a work from home position?
The jobs from home that are available at Hotel Planner are reservation specialists. But there are a few things you should have or add to your list before applying.
- You must have good quality high speed internet
- A compatible laptop or PC, and must use the Chrome browser
- Reliable noise canceling headphones with microphone.
These are essential to get the job done. He will also need to be a great communicator as he will be speaking to clients from all over the world. Can check out this helpful guide.
Their description doesn’t list living in the US as a requirement, so it’s not clear if the positions are available to people residing in different countries or in certain states, but if you’re multilingual, that would be to your advantage. .
Once you’ve gotten all the right tools for you and have successfully applied and been approved, it’s time to take the next step.
You will need to complete a training program that will guide you on how to use the reservation system to start booking hotels for different clients.
A background check will be done, but this is all done at the company’s expense.
As a qualified reservation specialist, once you log into the website, you will receive calls from different clients seeking help in making reservations. All calls you receive will be made through your headset using the Chrome browser.
Where do I apply?
To apply for a remote position, visit the Hotel planner website and complete the online registration and follow the additional steps requested.
Are you worried that you may run into trouble because you are not fluent in English? Don’t worry, multiple languages are available on the website such as Italian, French, Portuguese, Turkish and many more.
Does Hotel Planner offer training?
As mentioned above, Hotel Planner provides new job training for local staff.
This takes place once you complete the application process and have been approved to work. Training is provided that usually lasts no more than one day. But keep in mind that no payment is issued for the training period.
When does Hotel Planner pay workers?
The method by which Hotel Planner pays workers is quite simple. It is commission based.
If you’re able to use persuasive skills to provide detailed, descriptive details about a hotel destination that’s perfect for one person or a group, you’re likely to get a lot of bookings.
For every booking you complete, you’ll earn a commission once guests check out.
Hotel Planner pays twice a month via direct deposit or check. The hourly rate ranges from $10-$30 USD per hour, however they are subject to change based on your sales performance.
Unlike some jobs that offer additional benefits, unfortunately, working with Hotel Planner as a work-at-home agent is classified as an independent contractor, so you are responsible for paying your own taxes and acquiring your own private benefits.
The key is to use your training, communication skills, and sales experience to get more bookings and increase your service ratings. This will drive more people your way, resulting in an increase in your commissions to do what you want.
Advantages and disadvantages of working with Hotel Planner
Based on reviews seen on Glassdoor, there are a number of pros and cons to working with Hotel Planner.
- This is a remote position so you can operate from the comfort of your home.
- You can create your own hours, so if you have a main job, you can organize your hours at your convenience.
- Since the position is commission based, the more clients you book, the more money you will earn.
- There is a chance to earn a decent living working with Hotel Planner and improve your skills. There are also weekly training sessions available.
- One review indicated that although the company claims it earns a particular amount from a reservation after the customer has checked out, the commission for the group rate is actually fixed.
- Sometimes the schedules can be quite complicated, especially with very demanding clients.
- Although you can select your hours, the number of calls you will receive is not guaranteed and may not secure all reservations.
- If you have a full-time job, it is advisable not to quit until you are familiar with the Hotel Planner platform, as additional income cannot be guaranteed as a full-time income. So try not to quit your regular job until you can see how much income you can potentially earn from this job.
- Unfortunately, people have said that there are little to no opportunities for growth.
Working with Hotel Planner is a great way to earn some extra money, but if you’re looking for a full-time job, this isn’t the best place to start, as pay can be inconsistent at times.
However, if you are simply looking for a way to earn some extra money during your spare time or gain some sales experience, you can do so on the Hotel Planner platform.
I hope this review was able to cover most, if not all, of the questions you had about working with Hotel Planner and if you found this work from home review helpful, please be sure to share it with others.
More from Dream Home Based Work
14 virtual jobs you can do from home in the hospitality field
Uhaul Needs Work From Home Booking Agents, Apply Today!
Hilton Hiring! Become a Reservation Sales Agent and earn $11-$14 per hour
The 14 Best-Known Companies With Airline Remote Jobs From Home